PRACE invites you to present the results of your research or innovation in a poster.
Submissions should take the form of an extended abstract (one page), detailing the novelty or originality of the science or research project and the need for HPC to accomplish the results. The forward-looking achievements should demonstrate scientific discoveries, innovation in industry or address society’s grand challenges.
The number of selected posters will depend on their scientific excellence.
PRACE supports diversity and inclusivity in HPC, and encourages applicants of all backgrounds to submit their application to the PRACEdays21 Call for Posters ).
Applicants are invited to send in contributions from any scientific or industrial domain that uses HPC.
In addition, the Selection Committee welcomes applications from “Research on COVID-19” that uses HPC. This applies, without being exhaustive, to the following topics:
- Biomolecular research to understand the mechanisms of the virus infection
- Bioinformatics research to understand mutations, evolution, etc.
- Bio-simulations to develop therapeutics and/or vaccines
- Epidemiologic analysis to understand and forecast the spread of the disease
- Other analyses to understand and mitigate the impact of the pandemic
The relevant domain should be clearly indicated on the submission. If several domains apply, the main one should be indicated, with the secondary domain(s) in brackets.
Submissions to PRACEdays21
Please fill out the submission form below and send your abstract until extended deadline Monday 30 November 2020, 18:00 CET.
Submissions should include:
- A meaningful title for your contribution.
- An abstract, ~500 words
- The details of the author and co-authors:
- Name and contact details, photo and a brief CV/biography of the (main) author especially his/her current position and area of interest. Please note that the CV/biography should be short (about 150 words).
- The main domain and possible sub-domains to which the presentation pertains.
The one-page abstract should include:
- A description of the novelty / originality of the science / research project.
- A description of the need for HPC / how HPC was instrumental in obtaining the results.
- A forward-looking statement demonstrating scientific discoveries, innovation in industry or addressing society’s grand challenges.
Submissions, as well as the resulting posters, should be tailored to a wide audience, using layperson’s terms and examples where possible.
We encourage PhD students, postdocs, and co-PIs / collaborators to apply as well.
Successful applicants need to send a high-resolution PDF by 22 February 2021 for printing or bring their poster with them printed in colour on A1 sized paper.
Criteria for selection
The EHPCSW 2021 and PRACEdays21 Organisation & Programme Committee (OPC) delegates to its members which are representing the PRACE Scientific Steering Committee (SSC) and the PRACE Industrial Advisory Committee (IAC) the review of all submissions and to select excellent presentations across as wide a range of scientific and industrial domains.
Submissions will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Novelty / originality of the science/research project.
- The need for HPC to accomplish the results and the way this is highlighted.
- The forward-looking achievements in scientific discoveries or in innovation in industry that should lead to solutions for society’s grand challenges.
In co-operation with the author, PRACE will publish the abstracts of the selected posters on the conference website together with a photo and details of the presenter (name, institution, country, short biography).
- The deadline for submission of Posters is
12 November 2020, 18:00 CET 19 November 2020, 30 November 2020 18:00 CET
- The outcome of the Call will be communicated to all applicants, whether successful or not, by 11 December 2020
- A successful applicant has the right to decline participation until 15 December 2020, 12:00 (noon) CET, so that an adequate replacement can be found.
Digital Poster Session
During the entire event, all posters will be digitally available for viewing and networking. Poster authors will be requested to be available for live chats with participants and the PRACEdays21 Best Poster Award Selection Committee during a dedicated slot (day and time will be confirmed in the coming weeks).
The EHPCSW 2020 receives funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement 800957 (EXDCI-2). PRACEdays20 receives funding from the EU’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme (2014-2020) under grant agreement 823767 (PRACE-6IP).