Please remain up-to-date on covid regulations, especially - but not limited to - the following information:
- Regulations regarding entering Austria (governmental source).
- Information on regulations for tourists (non-governmental source).
- Regulations of the University of Innsbruck:
- "3-G" certificate (tested - vaccinated - recovered) required.
- Facemasks are mandatory, except in the conference room at marked seats. Minimum distance between participants: 1 meter.
Further information to be found under "CoV info" (please note: All information presented has been collected with care but the organizing committee cannot take responsibility for its completeness, accuracy or actuality).
1. Innsbruck Airport
The airport is located in the west of Innsbruck approximately 5 km away from the city centre. Innsbruck has several daily flights from Frankfurt and Vienna. From Innsbruck airport to the city centre
- you can take the bus "F" to the city centre or
- a taxi from the airport to the hotels in the city centre, which costs about 20 EUR.
2. Munich Airport
Munich Airport is internationally well connected. From Munich it is approximately 3 hours to Innsbruck.
- A direct transfer shuttle from Munich airport to Innsbruck is available.
- Another option is to take the Flixbus, a direct inter-city bus connection from Munich to Innsbruck.
- There is also a train connection to Innsbruck.
3. Vienna Airport
From Vienna airport to Innsbruck you can take the train to Innsbruck (approximately 4h30 min; train every hour).
- Exit Innsbruck main station. There is a bus terminal just outside.
For a detailed look at the transportation opportunities within Innsbruck check the IVB website.
Please note that a "vignette” (road tax disc) is required for travel on Austrian motorways.
- For information concerning visa and entry into Austria please see this link.
- For information on consulates and embassies in Austria please see this link.
Participants are responsible for booking their own accomodation. For a detailed look at available hotels in the centre of Innsbruck please see this link.
We kindly recommend to include suitable cancellation policies on travel reservations. Participants are expected to cancel reservations for room booking and travels themselves, in case of the covid situation prohibiting attendance of the event in person.
Things to do in Innsbruck
For detailed information on what to do in and around Innsbruck please see Innsbruck Info.