This course will be delivered as an ONLINE COURSE for remote participation due to the COVID-19 measures enforced by most European governments.
This course includes topics on code optimization for x86 platforms (Intel and AMD CPUs) and efficient code parallelization on node-level using OpenMP threading. Advanced aspects of threading and optimization, such as selected topics of new features in OpenMP 5.0 standard, will be covered during the course.
- Awareness of modern features in x86 CPUs;
- Ability to vectorize computations;
- Ability to use advanced features of OpenMP;
- Ability to increase code performance using threading and x86 optimization.
Prerequisites and content level
- Good knowledge of C/C++ or Fortran;
- Good knowledge of threading using OpenMP;
- Basic knowledge of modern CPU architectures.
The content level of the course is broken down as: beginner's - 0%, intermediate - 20%, advanced - 80%, community-targeted content - 0%.
Topic discussed in the course include
- Optimizing memory access;
- Threading optimization;
- Intel performance analysis tools;
- AMD performance analysis tools;
- Advanced features of OpenMP.
Jussi Enkovaara (CSC), Mikko Byckling (Intel), Michael Klemm (AMD)
Price: Free of charge (3 training days)
REGISTRATION is OBLIGATORY since the details to access the online course will be provided to the registered and accepted attendees only. If you have registered to this course and you are not able to attend, please CANCEL your registration in advance by sending an email to email@example.com