The EuroHPC Summit Week (EHPCSW) 2022 will gather the main European HPC stakeholders from technology suppliers and HPC infrastructures to scientific and industrial HPC users in Europe. The EHPCSW 2021 Digital welcomed 1161 active event platform users out of 1337 registered profiles.
As in previous years, PRACE, the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe, organises the eighth edition of its Scientific and Industrial Conference (PRACEdays22) within the EHPCSW 2022. PRACEdays22 will bring together experts from academia and industry who will present their advancements in HPC-supported science and engineering.
The EHPCSW 2022 will provide a great opportunity for the attendees to network.
The 2022 edition of the EuroHPC Summit Week will take place in Paris, France from
22 to 24 March 2022.
The main organisers of the EHPCSW 2022 are the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE), and the European Technology Platform for High-Performance Computing (ETP4HPC). The European Commission (EC) will represent the EuroHPC Joint Undertaking (EuroHPC) in the organisation of the conference. The logistical organisation is supported by a local host: for the 2022 edition, this is GENCI (Grand équipement national de calcul intensif).
The main conference will take place from Tuesday to Thursday and will include a selection of plenary and parallel sessions.
PRACEdays22 Call for Posters
PRACE invites you to present the results of your research or innovation in a poster.
Submissions should take the form of an extended abstract (one page), detailing the novelty or originality of the science or research project and the need for HPC to accomplish the results. The forward-looking achievements should demonstrate scientific discoveries, innovation in industry or address society’s grand challenges.
The number of selected posters will depend on their scientific excellence.
Travel and accommodation will not be reimbursed.
PRACE supports diversity and inclusivity in HPC and encourages applicants of all backgrounds to submit their applications to the PRACEdays22 Call for Posters.
Applicants are invited to send in contributions from any scientific or industrial domain that uses HPC.
In addition, the Selection Committee welcomes applications from “Research on COVID-19” that uses HPC. This applies, without being exhaustive, to the following topics:
- Biomolecular research to understand the mechanisms of the virus infection
- Bioinformatics research to understand mutations, evolution, etc.
- Bio-simulations to develop therapeutics and/or vaccines
- Epidemiologic analysis to understand and forecast the spread of the disease
- Other analyses to understand and mitigate the impact of the pandemic
The relevant domain should be clearly indicated on the submission. If several domains apply, the main one should be indicated, with the secondary domain(s) in brackets.
Submissions to PRACEdays22
Please fill out the submission form by clicking on the link. The deadline for submission of contributions is Monday 10 November 2021, 18:00 CET.
Submissions should include:
- A meaningful title for your contribution.
- An abstract, ~500 words
- The details of the author and co-authors:
- Name and contact details, photo and a brief CV/biography of the (main) author especially his/her current position and area of interest. Please note that the CV/biography should be short (about 150 words).
- The main domain and possible sub-domains to which the presentation pertains.
The one-page abstract should include:
- A description of the novelty/originality of the science/research project.
- A description of the need for HPC / how HPC was instrumental in obtaining the results.
- A forward-looking statement demonstrating scientific discoveries, innovation in industry or addressing society’s grand challenges.
Submissions, as well as the resulting posters, should be tailored to a wide audience, using layperson’s terms and examples where possible.
We encourage PhD students, postdocs, and co-PIs / collaborators to apply as well.
Successful applicants need to send a high-resolution PDF in early February 2022 (exact date tbc) for printing or bring their poster with them printed in colour on A1 sized paper.
Criteria for selection
The EHPCSW 2022 and PRACEdays22 Organisation & Programme Committee (OPC) delegates to its members which are representing the PRACE Scientific Steering Committee (SSC) and the PRACE Industrial Advisory Committee (IAC) the review of all submissions and to select excellent presentations across as wide a range of scientific and industrial domains.
Submissions will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Novelty/originality of the science/research project.
- The need for HPC to accomplish the results and the way this is highlighted.
- The forward-looking achievements in scientific discoveries or in innovation in the industry should lead to solutions for society’s grand challenges.
In co-operation with the author, PRACE will publish the abstracts of the selected posters on the conference website together with a photo and details of the presenter (name, institution, country, short biography).
- The submission deadline is Monday 10 November 2021, 18:00 CET
- The outcome of the Call will be communicated to all applicants, whether successful or not, by Friday 10 December 2021
- A successful applicant has the right to decline participation until Tuesday 14 December 2021, 12:00 (noon) CET, so that an adequate replacement can be found.
All posters will be on display during the entire conference in the foyer of the conference, where attendees will converge for coffee breaks.
The Poster Presenters are invited to present the poster in a Lightning Talk in the Plenary session either on Tuesday or Wednesday.
The EHPCSW 2022 receives funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement 824151 (HPC-GIG). PRACEdays22 receives funding from the EU’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme (2014-2020) under grant agreement 823767 (PRACE-6IP).