Would you want to practice reproducible research in HPC and preserve your data for the future?
Research Data Management is essential in effective and reproducible science. Due to ever increasing data volumes and complexity, researchers need modern tools to manage all stages of the data life cycle. Here we will use iRODS, a data management framework, to incorporate data management principles in compute pipelines.
In this course you will:
- Learn about the the iRODS data management framework and icommands
- Understand how to incorporate provenance in a compute workflow
- Know about FAIR in data processing workflows
- Everyone interested in learning advanced data management tools for compute and data processing workflows
- Basic knowledge of Linux and shell commands
- Your own laptop with an up-to-date browser and a terminal emulator. The use of the operating systems Linux and macOS is preferred, but not mandatory. For Windows users we recommend to download MobaXterm (portable version) as terminal emulator.
If the course gets fully booked, no more registrations are accepted through this website. However, you can be included in the waiting list: for that, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be informed when a place becomes available.