In this add-on course to the parallel programming course special topics are treated in more depth, in particular performance analysis, I/O and PGAS concepts. It is provided in collaboration of Erlangen Regional Computing Centre (RRZE) and LRZ within KONWIHR.
The course is a PRACE training event.
Each day is comprised of approximately 5 hours of lectures and 2 hours of hands-on sessions.
Day 1 (09:00-17:00)
- Processor-Specific Optimization (Eitzinger)
Day 2 (09:00-17:00)
- 09:00-12:30 Parallel I/O with MPI IO (Wittmann)
- 13:30-14:30 SuperMUC Tour (Weinberg)
- 14:30-17:00 Tuning I/O on LRZ's HPC systems / I/O Profiling: Darshan tool (Mendez)
Day 3 (09:00-17:00)
- 09:00-12:30 Scientific Data Libraries: HDF5 / Scalable I/O library: SIONlib (Mendez)
- 13:30 - 17:00 Introduction into Intel Xeon Phi (KNL) Programming (Weinberg)
Day 4 (09:00-17:00)
- PGAS programming with coarray Fortran and Unified Parallel C (Bader)