This workshop organized by VI-HPS and JSC as a PRACE training event will:
- give an overview of the VI-HPS programming tools suite
- explain the functionality of individual tools, and how to use them effectively
- offer hands-on experience and expert assistance using the tools
The detailed program will be available on the VI-HPS training web site.
Presentations and hands-on sessions are planned on the following topics
- Setting up, welcome and introduction
- Score-P instrumentation and measurement
- Scalasca automated trace analysis
- TAU performance system
- Vampir interactive trace analysis
- Extra-P automated performance modeling
- Paraver/Extrae/Dimemas trace analysis and performance prediction
- MAQAO performance analysis & optimisation
- MUST runtime error detection for MPI
- ARCHER runtime error detection for OpenMP
- JUBE script-based workflow execution environment
- ... and potentially others to be added
A brief overview of the capabilities of these and associated tools is provided in the VI-HPS Tools Guide.
Prerequisites: Experience with MPI or OpenMP
Registrations are only considered until 31 May 2019 due to available space, the maximal number of participants is limited. Applicants will be notified, whether they are accepted for participitation.
Instructors: JSC staff members, members of the VI-HPS collaboration
For any questions concerning the course please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org