PRACE invites you to present the results of your research or innovation in a poster.
Submissions should take the form of an extended abstract (one page), detailing the novelty or originality of the science or research project and the need for HPC to accomplish the results. The forward-looking achievements should demonstrate scientific discoveries, innovation in industry or address society’s grand challenges.
The number of selected posters will depend on their scientific excellence. Applicants selected for a poster will receive a free conference pass. Travel and accommodation will not be reimbursed. The standard conference fee is € 60,-
PRACE supports the Women in HPC initiative (http://www.womeninhpc.org.uk/) which works towards equal representation in High Performance Computing. The Scientific Steering Committee and Industrial Advisory Committee of PRACE encourage female researchers and scientists to submit their contributions.
Applicants are invited to send in contributions from scientific or industrial domains that use HPC, such as – but not limited to:
• Aeronautics / Aerospace
• Automotive / Transport
• Energy / Renewable Energy
• Engineering / Manufacturing / SMEs
• Environmental Sciences
• Finances • Life Sciences
• Material Sciences
• Particle Physics
• Plasma Physics
• Oil & Gas
• Telecommunications / Electronics
The domain should be clearly indicated on the submission. If several domains apply, the main one should be indicated, with the secondary domain(s) in brackets.
Submissions should include:
• A meaningful title for your contribution.
• The details of the author and co-authors: Name and contact details, photo and a brief CV/biography of the (main) author especially his/her current position and area of interest. Please note that the CV/biography should be short (about 100 words).
• The main domain and possible sub-domains to which the presentation pertains.
The one-page abstract should include:
• A description of the novelty / originality of the science/research project.
• A description of the need for HPC / how HPC was instrumental in obtaining the results.
• A forward-looking statement demonstrating scientific discoveries, innovation in industry or addressing society’s grand challenges.
Submissions as well as the resulting posters should be tailored to a wide audience, using layperson’s terms and examples where possible.
Please fill out the submission form below.
The deadline for submission of poster is extended 25 March 2019, 18:00 CET.
Criteria for selection
Representatives of the PRACE Scientific Steering Committee (SSC) and the PRACE Industrial Advisory Committee (IAC) will review all submissions with the goal of selecting excellent posters across as wide a range of scientific and industrial domains as possible.
Submissions will be assessed based on the following criteria:
• Novelty / originality of the science/research project.
• The need for HPC to accomplish the results and the way this is highlighted.
• The forward-looking achievements in scientific discoveries or in innovation in industry that should lead to solutions for society’s grand challenges.
Poster Session and Lightning Talk
All posters will be on display during the entire conference in the central hall of the conference, where attendees will converge for coffee breaks and lunch. The Poster Session will take place on Tuesday 14 May 2019. Authors of posters are requested to be near their poster to answer questions from the audience. The poster session is the perfect venue to share a provocative opinion, interesting, established or preliminary work, or a cool idea that will spark discussion.
To give posters maximum visibility, a Poster Lightening Talks session will be held on Tuesday 14 May before lunch in the main Auditorium. Each poster presenter will thus have the opportunity to grab the attention of conference attendees – one minute, one slide! Plan to be near your poster after the Lightning talk as interested attendees will come by to discuss your work.
In co-operation with the author, PRACE will publish the abstracts of the selected posters on the PRACE webpage together with a photo and details of the presenter (name, institution, country, short biography.
- The deadline for submission of poster is extended until 25 March 2019, 18:00 CET.
- All applicants, whether successful or not, will be notified by 1 April 2019.
- Successful applicants need to send a high-resolution PDF by 17 April 2019 for printing or bring their poster with them printed in colour on A1 sized paper.
Please read carefully the PRACEdays19 Poster Guidelines.
|Call fo Posters Submission Form|