The registration of this course is now open. Please, bring your own laptop. All the PATC courses at BSC are free of charge.
Course convener: Xavier Martorell
Objectives:This tutorial will introduce the audience to the BSC tools for heterogenous programming on FPGA devices. It describes OmpSs@FPGA, as a productive programming environment for compute systems with FPGAs.
More specifically, the tutorial will:
- Introduce the OmpSs@FPGA programming model, how to write, compile and execute applications on FPGAs
- Show the "implements" feature to explot parallelism across cores and IP cores
- Demonstrate how to analyze applications to determine which portions can be executed on FPGAs, and use OmpSs@FPGA to parallelize/optimize them.
Learning Outcomes: The students who finish this course will be able to develop benchmarks and simple applications with the OmpSs@FPGA programming model to be executed in FPGA boards, like Zedboard or Xilinx ZCU102.
INTERMEDIATE: for trainees with some theoretical and practical knowledge; those who finished the beginners course
ADVANCED: for trainees able to work independently and requiring guidance for solving complex problems
- Good knowledge of C/C++
- Basic knowledge of acceleration architectures and offloading models
- Basic knowledge of Paraver/Extrae