PRACE Material Template - Know How
1. What is PRACE Material Template?
PRACE Material Template is a brand new stylesheet for the Prace Events portal. The look is clean and simple, follows today’s trend.
a. Differences from built in templates
The main difference from the built in templates is that the PRACE Material Template utilizes full responsive layout across different screen sizes and devices.
b. Features, improvements
- Users can access menu items from a popup window on small screen devices such as mobile phones.
- Replaceable banner makes the site more customizeable for the event.
- Cross device and cross browser compatibility (Supported: Windows, IOS, OSX, Android – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Not Supported: Internet Explorer)
- Full responsive layout: the template scales from smallest phones to full hd desktops.
- Responsive fixes for event timetable: the template has built in support for timetable size adaptation display. From now on timetable blocks will never run out the screen, and they are layed out as they should!
2. User’s guide
a. How to activate it
In your event’s management area, choose Layout in the left sidebar from the Advanced options section. This brings up the Layout customization screen. To activate the template, scroll down to the Stylesheets section and click on „Click here” in order to select one of the default stylesheets, next to Apply stylesheet section. The next screen is the template preview page, you can select predefined templates from the dropdown menu next to „Select to switch templates”. Select prace_material_template. It immediately switches the preview, but in order apply the setting, click on the „Take template in use” button. That is all that you need to do in order to activate the template.
b. Chosing different banner image
If you are familiar with the indico’s managemnet area you might noticed already that under Layout customization, there is a new section, called Conference header image. This is a counterpart feature for the template. You can switch the good old PRACE banner to a more specific image that suits your event better. You can see a nightime city scene about Barcelone in the example pictures throughout this documentation.
To upload a new image, you just need to choose a file by clicking ont he corresponding button, and then clicking ont he Upload header image. The recomended image resolution is 1920x487. The image size will be resized for display on the target browser. Since the menu texts are bright colored, it is recomended to use dimmed or even blurred images, not exposing really bright or vibrant colors, otherwise it would spoil the readability of the menu structure. Choosing the right brightness value is a case of a few trial and errors. You can remove the unsuccessfull image by clicking the remove button, and just start uploading the corrected image as described above.
c. Set up event logo
You can find the Conference logo section at the bottom of the Layout customization page. You can upload an event logo, which will be placed on the left side of the banner image. The upload process is the same as it was for the banner image.
Detailed user guide can be found at: